• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5s at 1140 yards

VKC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Battle Born, U.S.A.
Shot at a chest-sized steel target with our 6.5 Creedmoor and 260 Rem rifles the other day with some friends with fair success. Thank you to "SigsauerP229" for taking the picture, who is also a great rifle shooter and somehow manages to frequently keep up or school with me with his 308win.

The target is identified by the arrow on top, but you can't actually see it in the picture as it is too small. Yes, I know about the power lines and we were careful to avoid them and I calculated my bullet trajectory to ensure that we avoided them.

Last edited:
3-5mph average, gusts up to 8mph but sometimes changing direction completely because of swirling of wind in valley.

I enjoyed living in Nevada, some truly excellent long range shooting locations, I left before my shooting interests evolved though. Thanks for posting the photo.