• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 Ackley?

Re: 6.5x47 Ackley?

I may be wildly off base here, but from what I've read, the 40* shoulder is actually less than optimal compared to the better 30-35* shoulder, which, is already on the x47L cases.

If you need more powder capacity you might try the 6.5 creedmore or a 260 Imp. instead. The accuracy of the Lapua case is already supposed to be very well refined.

Well this is going to be a dedicated 1k BR rifle. I found that the extra 3 grains of case cap has so far been a big improvement. Pushing 130 bergers 3125 without being at max pressure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well this is going to be a dedicated 1k BR rifle. I found that the extra 3 grains of case cap has so far been a big improvement. Pushing 130 bergers 3125 without being at max pressure. </div></div>

Cool idea, I'm not trying to knock it at all, just trying to help out with what I'd seen on them. 130's at those speeds must get there in like 22 minutes or less

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 6.5X47 is so good there's no need to mess with it. </div></div>

Yes but its looking even better improved. If its forgiving a little bit it could be interesting.

what kind of accuracy are you getting from those 130gr bergers
at that speed? The 6.5 /284 can drive 142 gr Sierra bullets alot faster, than the 2950-3050 that they shoot better at.

I hear 1/4moa accuracy, but the reloading process might be hard to find the right load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pistolpete75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear 1/4moa accuracy, but the reloading process might be hard to find the right load. </div></div>

Thats what im trying to get away from. So far i have seen enough to say that .25 moa will not be a problem. Still have a bit of work to do. Thats why i was hoping someone else had tried it.