• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 and measuring shoulder bump

Siso

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2002
WI
I FL size my brass and normally use the RCBS precision Mic. The problem is that RCBS doesn't make one in a 6.5x47. I was wondering what everyone uses to measure how much the shoulder has been bumped?

Would the .243 mic work since the .243 and 6.5x47 both have 40 degree shoulders?

Re: 6.5x47 and measuring shoulder bump

Contact Mo Defina. He can set you up with what you need.

MCS
203-775-1013, FAX 203-775-9462
Store Calling Hours:
Tuesday thru Thursday: 10AM to 9PM
Friday: 6PM to 9PM
Saturday 10AM to 4PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sisu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I FL size my brass and normally use the RCBS precision Mic. The problem is that RCBS doesn't make one in a 6.5x47. I was wondering what everyone uses to measure how much the shoulder has been bumped?

Would the .243 mic work since the .243 and 6.5x47 both have 40 degree shoulders? </div></div>

I think the 47 case has a 35 deg shoulder? What i do is run the chamber reamer in the piece of the barrel that is cut off when fitting the blank to the action. I can make them up for 30$ plus shipping.

Yea NotAGuru you are right...I don't know what I was smoking! According to the 6mmbr website the 47 has a 30 deg and the .243 has 20 deg. At least there is something that I can try.

Thanks!