• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5X47 L lee collet die

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
Im building a new rifle, 6.5X47 L, and have pretty much everything I need except my sizing dies, I usually run Lee Collet die's and a redding bump die. Lee said they wont even take my order until another month! Does anyone know where i can find one of these dies!?

Any other alternatives: do not want redding type S die!

I hear you can modify a 6.5X55 LCD to turn it into a 6.5X47L LCD, does anyone know someone who can do this or tell me how?

Thanks

Not sure on the 6.5x55 die, but I'd think a 6.5 Grendel die would work. They crimp based on length, so I'imagine a spacer could be used between the shell holder and the bottom of the die to force a crimp. (Think of a steel ring you drop over the cartridge before running it up into the FCD).

Why Lee makes a FCD for the Grendel and not the x47 or Creedmoor is beyond me...

Yes, it can be done... I'm using a modified LEE .260 collet die to neck size 6.5 Creedmoor brass. If you have the 6.5x55 Swede or .260Rem dies, both can be modified to work with the 6.5x47Lapua. It's been awhile now, but let me see if I can dig up the contact info for the guy doing the modification.

Yes, it can be done... I'm using a modified LEE .260 collet die to neck size 6.5 Creedmoor brass. If you have the 6.5x55 Swede or .260Rem dies, both can be modified to work with the 6.5x47Lapua. It's been awhile now, but let me see if I can dig up the contact info for the guy doing the modification.

Awesome sounds good!