• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 Lapua shooters..this is getting ridiculous

uracowman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2012
Houston, TX
this is getting absolutely ridiculous. I literally cannot and have no been able to source brass for a month now and places like midway will be out till December. Does anyone know a source for the brass or know of a definitive way to form the brass?

I've done a few searched and found some methods of converting the brass, but there is no step by step process available anywhere.

Re: 6.5x47 Lapua shooters..this is getting ridiculous

I feel your pain. I am still shooting my original 100 pcs.

Great for us that brass lasts a long time.

Same here on brass. My build is about done and should ship end of the week or sometime next so it sure would be great to be able to get something loaded up for it.

I'm sitting on 300 new pieces and I don't even have a rifle yet!
whistle.gif

Been watching midway since june with no luck. I have one rifle and a second on the way and only 60 pieces of brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob L. Swagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sitting on 300 new pieces and I don't even have a rifle yet!
whistle.gif
</div></div>

I'll be happy to help reduce your overstock situation.

if you do not actually place an order you may not get it, preorders sometimes use up a whole delivery

Whenever i have trouble finding reloading supplies i call russ haydon, he may not be the cheapest but he knows his shit and is very knowledgable. Plus they are a family owned business and are avid shooters.

http://www.shooters-supply.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whenever i have trouble finding reloading supplies i call russ haydon, he may not be the cheapest but he knows his shit and is very knowledgable. Plus they are a family owned business and are avid shooters.

http://www.shooters-supply.com/ </div></div>

I called them earlier today and they don't have any in stock. The lady I spoke to said she called the supplier and has not heard back from them.

Hey guys,

There is a place here in Boise Id. you might try. Cliff's Guns and Reloading. He usually has some on the shelf. Not cheap, but better than not shooting at all. Good luck.

Regards, Paul

Try europtic.com or 570 220-3159. found there ad the other day $ 101.00 per 100. SKU lapua-lu4ph6010. MM

Check with Graf's. They have a shipment coming in within the next couple weeks that will have a large quantity of 6.5x47 brass. Midway has posted their expected arrival date, but I suspect it will be in well before that; they're only 30 miles or so from Graf's.

I feel your pain man. I've been looking for a supply now for a month and a half with no luck. This problem has definitely made me regret building my guns in 6.5x47 though. I was actually looking into just buying loaded rounds but I just couldn't justify $3 a round to get brass.

North of the border here I use Hirsch Precision (902) 829-2932. They are our Lapua importer into Canada. I know we can't have brass shipped up from you guys but not real sure of the rules going the other way. I'm sure they would know and are fantastic to deal with. Good luck.

Just called them. Europtic expecting a shipment in 1 to 2 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try europtic.com or 570 220-3159. found there ad the other day $ 101.00 per 100. SKU lapua-lu4ph6010. MM </div></div>

I was at a local private range last week and some of the guy's were talking about this same subject. I will pass the word on to them about new shipments arriving soon. MM

Guy's i need some help on this end. I had a 6.5x47 built for me on a FN control feed new action with a Rock barrel. The reamer was a PT&G .294" Nk. .125" free bore. Built bY APACHE MACHINE & TOOL in a McMillan A5 stock. !st what would be the best set of dies i should get and 2nd were would i start a load work up at and what grain pill should i start with? This is my first " wildcat"? thanks MM

They are showing them as backordered unfortunately.

I ended up with one piece of 6.5x47Lapua brass after a recent match. $15.00 + shipping. Looks "once-fired".

Mexi, go with forster dies. Probably the ultra set is the best bang for your buck!

130 JLK bullets are where its at. Best BC of all available 6.5 bullets compared to weight.

41.5-42 grains of H4350 is where I would stay within

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ended up with one piece of 6.5x47Lapua brass after a recent match. $15.00 + shipping. Looks "once-fired". </div></div>

I'LL TAKE IT!!! PM SENT!

:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ended up with one piece of 6.5x47Lapua brass after a recent match. $15.00 + shipping. Looks "once-fired". </div></div>

I'LL TAKE IT!!! PM SENT!

</div></div>

Sorry I already traded it, straight up, for 1,000 pieces of 7-08 Winny...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ended up with one piece of 6.5x47Lapua brass after a recent match. $15.00 + shipping. Looks "once-fired". </div></div>

I'LL TAKE IT!!! PM SENT!

</div></div>

Sorry I already traded it, straight up, for 1,000 pieces of 7-08 Winny...
smile.gif
</div></div>

That's unfortunate, I was willing to trade a custom build

Ordered 200 cases from eurooptc. should be shipped in two weeks or less. real good price also. MM

Cool, managed to get to the online store and order 2 boxes. Wanted 4 but the cart updated to only 2 available. Even so that's a great start.

Ordered mine from EUROPTIC 11/06/12 AND ARRIVED l1/11/12. THAT WAS FAST. mm

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">My dad backordered some with Sinclair 3-4 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure he said they shipped out the end of last week. Just getting them on order somewhere is probably the best way to get them. Sinclair and Powder Valley are both pretty easy to deal with</span>.

Correction: My dad ordered it from Graf's two weeks ago and FedEx tracking shows it is to be delivered today. They told him they had a large shipment inbound! I just checked and they show it in stock.

Jeremy45

Got some from Grafs the other day.