• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x55 BJ Ackley

Bentley

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2009
Looking for feedback positive or negative on the 6.55 BJ Ackley...

Thanks to all who can help..

Bent

Re: 6.5x55 BJ Ackley

Nothing to think about,

build it on an intermediate lenght action and you will have a great rifle.

Cases can be had from Lapua and there is really not anything that cannot be done with it.

For all sorts of comps short up to 1k it will do great deeds for you.

Best regards Chris

...but not in this country
frown.gif

Tikka Varminter

The Howa 1500 is availible chambered in 6.5 swede, but not with the heavy barrel contour.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stringer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...but not in this country
frown.gif

Tikka Varminter

The Howa 1500 is availible chambered in 6.5 swede, but not with the heavy barrel contour. </div></div>

Been all over the Howa site and don't see the 6.5 swede??/

Help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should pretty much duplicate the 6.5x284. </div></div>

Most guys in F Class seem to be running their 6.5-.284's at about 2950fps with the 139-142gr bullets. I have been doing that for 4 years with my standard 6.5x55. See no need to AI the Swede, unless you want to run these bullets at 3,000fps.

Don

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should pretty much duplicate the 6.5x284. </div></div>

Most guys in F Class seem to be running their 6.5-.284's at about 2950fps with the 139-142gr bullets. I have been doing that for 4 years with my standard 6.5x55. See no need to AI the Swede, unless you want to run these bullets at 3,000fps.

Don </div></div>

Don, did you get any use out of that brass I sent you?

Best regards Chris