• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6.5xc project

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
i called to order some 6.5x47 brass this morning and found it had gone up $10 per hundred in the last month or so. i have decided to go with a 6.5XC and i need a cartridge diagram that is in inches rather than millimeters so i can modify some dies etc. i am going to make a neck die out of a .260 remington lee collet die and i have a 6.5x47 body die to set the shoulder back for the time being. i am going to run the 6.5x47 reamer in the extra .050 or so it takes to headspace but i think the neck on the xc brass is longer so it will have to be trimmed some to work with the reamer. does anyone know where a 6.5x47 diagram is that is in inches? thanks.

chuck

Re: 6.5xc project

Order a 6.5XC Reamer and XC go gauge and use the Redding 6XC bushing dies with the appropriate size bushing. No mods required.