• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 AR Pistol Build Issue Ejecting

357magag

357MAGAAG
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2013
Sulphur Springs TX
Need help with NEW Build Issue.

6.8 Pistol Build
Currently Unsuppressed.
It cycles and ejects but won't feed live round back into chamber.
Barret 6.8 Mags
Gemtech BCG with AR Peformance 6.8 Bolt
*BCG turned to unsupressed setting.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 36
Make sure it’s well lubed first. Miss aligned gas block is the next place I would look. Then proper buffer and buffer spring.

What buffer and spring do you recommend?
What’s in there? I’ve honestly never messed with a 6.8 gun. I’d say if you’re using a Noveske barrel I’d call them and see what they recommend.

...you didn't indicate what the ejection pattern is, would be helpful if you indicate what that is. Also, you didn't indicate if it locks back on empty mag, load 1 round in mag, fire and check for lock back. Also, what brand of lower is being used?

Otherwise, do the following:

...1st step would be to try different mags to eliminate it being a magazine issue.

...2nd step, replace the adjustable bolt carrier with a standard bolt carrier to eliminate the "adjustability" as a factor. The bolt most likely is ok and not the issue, but if you have a spare 6.8 specific bolt, you can try swapping them as the 3rd step to see if it makes a difference.

..do the steps separately, not at same time, i.e., try different mags and if still not working change carrier and repeat with original mag and different mags. Note differences in behavior, if any, as those changes will point you in which direction to continue your debugging.

What r.ten said, check ejection pattern and if it will lock back on empty first to see if it's getting enough gas then try new mag.