• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 SPC II failure to eject

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
I was shooting my 6.8 SPC II this weekend. I had about about a 50% FTF rate. It seems that the extraction part in the cycle of operations was not happening. Bolt was coming to the rear and picking up the next round and jamming the next round into the spent casing that didn't get extracted from the chamber. Anyone have remedies to try? I have a Wilson barrel and Wilson bolt and bcg NP3 coated. I was using SSA 115gr. OTM and I also shot some Remington 115gr. Ultra Bonded.

Re: 6.8 SPC II

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLDTYLRY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does hand-cycling properly extract/eject an empty shell casing? </div></div>

Yes, I could drop out the mag send the bolt home and then charge and it would grap the spent casing and eject it properly. All casings that did eject landed about 5 o'clock position from my shooting position.

I'd call Wilson and let them know what is going on. Their 6.8 stuff is pretty nice. Hopefully it is something simple like a extractor spring and you can get back to shooting.

I would say that there is quite a bit of tension on the extractor IMO. It takes a good bit of pressure on the back end to get the extractor to raise up/ outwards of the bolt. I would say that the force needed to pull the bolt and charging handle was normal to manually extract spent cartridge during my shooting session. I will probably try to call Wilson tomorrow and see what they have to say.

I was having this problem with a 6.5G I built. Ended up being the extractor spring. Brand new spring w/rubber, no donut, had never been used. It came this way.

Try a new spring and donut, that is a cheap fix and those donuts make a big difference. If that doesn't work, then I'd send it back or make a call.

That is saying your extractor is in tolerance and not worn out. I'm guessing it is.

The bolt, bcg has less than 150-200 shots. I will try that maybe and like you said take it from there.

I just got off the phone with John Lahue at Wilson Combat. He instructed me to send the Bolt to them and they would replace the extractor with a new bullet proof one at no charge to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got off the phone with John Lahue at Wilson Combat. I instructed me to send the Bolt to them and they would replace the extractor with a new bullet proof one at no charge to me. </div></div>
its great to see companies take care of thier customers

Yeah, if it was working before and then started giving you trouble and got worse, I'd say it was a defective/faulty extractor spring. Getting the extractor to move by hand should be VERY difficult to do. You may be a strong guy, but I can't get my extractor to move by pushing on the back end of it.