• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 SPC - is this normal?

Jayhawker

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2006
Kansas
I just bought a 20" Stag Arms 6.8 SPC for use as a deer rifle. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it sure wasn't this:

005-1.jpg

I'm using Hornady 110 gr. BTHP Match ammo...

Are other 6.8 users experiencing this level of accuracy?

Re: 6.8 SPC - is this normal?

Well, you certainly aren't lobbing rocks downrange, so I'd hope the 6.8 out of a 20" barrel is good enough to be a 1MOA round.
smile.gif

I only wish I could shoot that way when I hunt.

What were the other groups like?
That one looks to be under .5" CTC

yep 20" Stag Arms 6.8 SPC is know for groups like that, mine does the same thing with 110 grain, cant beat stag when it comes t the 20 inch hunter, I only purchased the barrel and bolt put it on my slef and same shot groups

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What were the other groups like?
That one looks to be under .5" CTC </div></div>

After getting the thing zeroed, I fired 40 rounds in 5 round groups, allowing the rifle to cool between groups while I policed up brass, hung new targets, etc.

First groups hovered around an inch, but as it progressed, things started to shrink ending up with the group you see.

The group was measured twice - once at .379 and the other at .362

Very nice group! Those Stag7s are definitely shooters. I'm in the process of putting together a 6.8 and I'm very tempted to go with that upper, I just think I want something shorter around 16-18". Anybody know if it would be possible to cut the bbl on that model or would it screw up the gas timing?
dntfxr

I have a AR Performance Pac-Nor barreled Upper and I am getting accuracy like that. It is a good round and shoots nice. It's just very loopy (kind of like an AK round) and peters out quickly. But, for what I use it for, hunting (under 300 yards), it is a great round.

I don't think arperformance offers the pacnor bbls anymore. His recon bbl is ER Shaw I believe. I wish they still offered the match bbls, I'd love to have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dntfxr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think arperformance offers the pacnor bbls anymore. His recon bbl is ER Shaw I believe. I wish they still offered the match bbls, I'd love to have one.</div></div>

I do believe you are correct. I got mine at the end of my Afghan tour in Dec 2008. And, it is a shooter.