• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 SPC question

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
Can I attach a 6.8 SPC upper to my regular Rock River LAR-15 Lower and not worry about cycling issues? I want to acquire a 6.8 SPC upper and it be interchangable with the lower receiver that I already have. Is this possible?

Re: 6.8 SPC question

I did just that. Stag 6.8 upper to Mega lower (previously had Rock River .223 upper)...works fine.

Just needed to hear it from the folks that have done it and had success. I was pretty sure that it could be done but I also thought that there could be problems with cycling or wearing out buffer springs.

Yeah, I got that part. The one I am looking at comes with mags and 200 rnds.

Just make sure it comes with the bolt - I've seen a lot selling recently that don't and that is a hard find sometimes. Some of these guys on GB (and I don't know where it is you're getting yours), don't even mention that it's not a part of the package.