• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 SPC suppressed

Dleesla

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2023
Louisiana
Have a Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC. Now have a Silencerco Omego suppressor.
Installed recommended adjustable gas block, casings ejecting at 3:00, boot won’t open on last shot. So I need an adjustable bolt? Do I need a lighter buffer? No one tells you what’s needed after the suppressor arrives! Bolt action 6.5 Creedmoor works like a dream. My 6.8 is my hammer… or needs to be. Advise on your experience please.

Did it work correctly before the suppressor was added? If it did adjust the gas block closed 2 clicks at a time then open to see if any of the adjustments help.
No such thing as an adjustable bolt. After you try the adjustments on the gas block if it still will not lock open report back for next suggestion.

No such thing as an adjustable bolt.

Have a Wilson Combat 6.8 SPC. Now have a Silencerco Omego suppressor.
Installed recommended adjustable gas block, casings ejecting at 3:00, boot won’t open on last shot. So I need an adjustable bolt? Do I need a lighter buffer? No one tells you what’s needed after the suppressor arrives! Bolt action 6.5 Creedmoor works like a dream. My 6.8 is my hammer… or needs to be. Advise on your experience please.
Do some tests for us. Not enough info to help you.

Shoot it without the suppressor. See if it locks back and how ejection is and report back.

That is a carrier, do you know the difference between a bolt and a carrier?

Reactions: msgriff

None of your links include "adjustable bolts". Proper terminology is important when discussing technical matters.

OP, you typically adjust the AGB til you get "last round bolt hold open" (LRBHO) using the weakest ammo you intend to run, then open it up a bit more for reliability.
Heavier buffer weight can also help with overspeed, what is your existing buffer weight?

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
None of your links include "adjustable bolts". Proper terminology is important when discussing technical matters.
Understood, however my take on the original question is that the OP means the group, not just a piece of it.

My adj gas blocked 12.5 ARP runs good with 4 different cans, runs 100% canned though. Sounds like you might have the block turned down too much. I turn them down until the bcg won't strip another round out of the mag, open it back up 2-3 more clicks then check again.