• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 SPCII Barrels

Aaros143

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2013
Austin, TX
I looked through some previous threads and just wanted to see if there's any vendors I'm missing. Looking for a 13.7" barrel.
So far all I'm seeing is AR Performance, Bison Armory and Wilson Combat. Any others I should be looking at? Trying to keep the price reasonable.

I run an 18" Daniel Defense in my Ambush Arms 6.8, which I know is a lot longer than you want. I only tried one brand of ammo through it, Hornady Custom with the 120 SST, and it has been MOA all day every day. I didn't even bother handloading for it since I can buy the ammo at a dollar a round.

For shorter barrels (and most builds in general) the ones you listed get the lions share of love from the 6.8 crowd...and for a reason. WOA also makes a 6.8 barrel that I've heard a couple of good things about, but the shortest they go is 16".

I'm a fan of AR Performance. Wilson should be good and finished beautifully, but it will likely be slower.

Constructor knows what he's doing with the chambering and twist rates. I haven't tried any other barrels.

You listed the top 3 of the 6.8 barrels.

I'm pretty sure ARP doesn't make a 13.7", his 12.5" puts deer in the dirt for me.

Reactions: Stooxie
I have a 16" WC and 20" ARP barrel in 68spc.
Both are very accurate barrels.
The Wilson Combat barrel has been more accurate with factory Hornady 110vmax and 120sst loads but the ARP barrel is more accurate with reloads when run faster than the factory ammo specs.
Both have excellent so far.