• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 arc brass growing belts

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
I have some Starline 6.5 grendel brass I made into 6 ARC brass. After two loads I see belts forming at the base of a few of them. Does Starline brass have a short web like Lapua? Or could this be an indication the chamfer or counter bore on the chamber is to deep?

I have some Starline 6.5 grendel brass I made into 6 ARC brass. After two loads I see belts forming at the base of a few of them. Does Starline brass have a short web like Lapua? Or could this be an indication the chamfer or counter bore on the chamber is to deep?

Yes and maybe.

Aw dam I was just about to order starline 6.5 grendel brass to form into 6arc & was wondering about this very issue 🤦🏽‍♂️ is it preventing the brass from chambering ?

Aw dam I was just about to order starline 6.5 grendel brass to form into 6arc & was wondering about this very issue 🤦🏽‍♂️ is it preventing the brass from chambering ?
I don't think i would get worried about it. Looking at the other thread ledzep says Starline has a taller web so I am sure it does.

Looking at my brass the belt in more like .140 line instead of the .2 line. So I am actually wondering about sizing die after reading the other thread. I had a small base 264 LBC die that did about the same thing now that I have had some time so sit and think it through more and measure some stuff.

Reactions: bcrich
You could see case wall shape at the web.
A pin can be used to measure web thickness. I made an aluminum one with a dent in the end for any flash hole protrusion.