• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 ARC load data

BrassGoblin1337

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2022
San Diego, CA
Running a 20in BA 1:7 twist AR Gas Gun.

Went lurking on the internet, for load data for 108gr Berger VLD projectiles using Accurate 2460. Anyone have any load data or know where i can find SAFE data using 2460. Im fairly new to reloading, so im not comfortable yet with using experimental data.

Reactions: sneakypayload
Running a 20in BA 1:7 twist AR Gas Gun.

Went lurking on the internet, for load data for 108gr Berger VLD projectiles using Accurate 2460. Anyone have any load data or know where i can find SAFE data using 2460. Im fairly new to reloading, so im not comfortable yet with using experimental data.

...here's the link to Hodgdon's Load Center where you can list all the powder/bullet combinations they have tested/recommend. Just put in the caliber and select ALL bullet weights and ALL powders then expand the results, pretty comprehensive. If your particular bullet isn't listed, you can extrapolate data from a like weighted bullet, just start low & work up.

Attached is the PDF response I received from Berger on their 95 & 105 bullets. You can e-mail them to get specific answer for the 108.

Attachments

• Berger_Recs.pdf
    446.3 KB · Views: 1,441
1646330900079.png

Quickload predicts that AA2460 is too fast for that bullet. Look at the fill %'s. You really want to aim to be in the 90s somewhere. The 80s is not good and the 70s is dangerous. AA2460 in a 6mm ARC is better suited to bullets in the 60-70gr range (which isn't ideal for that cartridge).

1646331061847.png

Using a 97% fill rate, here you can see some better options for 108gr bullets like AA4064 or RL17