• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 BRA Barrel twist

Face

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
I am about to order a barrel blank to be chambered in 6 bra. I will be running 105 - 110 gr bullets. What twist should i order 1:7 - 1/8?

1-7.5 and you should be fine for both. I have 1-7 on my 6brx and shoot the lights out with both pills but I’m surprised how it handles the lighter ones.

Reactions: Face
You can also run the barrel twist calculator on Berger’s website too to see what twist works.

1-7.5 and you should be fine for both. I have 1-7 on my 6brx and shoot the lights out with both pills but I’m surprised how it handles the lighter ones.
Is a 1:7.5 a special order or is that standard?

Altus has Bartlein MTU 1-7.5 twist in stock. See link below.

Altus has Bartlein MTU 1-7.5 twist in stock. See link below.

I have a barrel certificate from hart i got at a match. They will be who i go with.

Hart will most likely be a special order then. Just call them and see how far out they are. I’m not sure who distributes for them either but you could ask and then call the distributor to see if they what you are looking for.