• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories 6 BRA Brass, Barrel, FL Die for Sale (See Notes)

jjshooots

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2020
California
Hey y’all, got some more stuff for sale as the title says, but with some notes to potential buyers below.

Thanks if you check this out or inquire!

———

Full disclosure:

My brass and barrel combo did not like each other and did not work well together. I would get false pressure (heavy bolt lift) on dang near every shot. No matter how much I backed the charge down, cleaned, etc.

“Apparently”, in quotes because others have had the same issue as I did, so I’m going off of what they say, and I’m not really qualified to say this is facts — but this is due to the brass specs not matching the chamber specs of my particular barrel. The brass diameter is like .004 off near the case head or something like that. You can read up on it on another forum, I think it was accurate shooter, just not sure if I’m allowed to post that link here.

So what I was able to deduce from those guys was this, and please do a search for yourselves before you buy:

If you have a chamber cut with the Alpha spec reamer — my brass “should” work for you.

If you use Lapua brass — my barrel “should” work for you. Apparently it’s seals the chamber better.

And some people report they’ve had zero issues at all and can shoot both Lapua and Alpha, so there’s that.

It was too much of a headache for me to try and work out, so I just moved on to another cartridge. But if you shoot 6BRA and are aware of all this, by all means reach out. Ready to get this stuff out to someone who can use either, they’ve just been sitting for the past year, make some offers.

Hopefully this makes sense; just wanted to be fully transparent about why I’m selling.

———

Okay, here’s the ask:

6BRA Brass ($340, no splitting please)

Same lot
200pcs New
141pcs 2x Fired
44pcs 1x Fired (sized, annealed, trim, chamf, deburr— recommend resizing tho for safe measure)

Fired brass was bumped 0.002 - 0.003 each load

Want to sell all together since they’re same lot.

———

6BRA Barrel — Impact 737 Stuteville Prefit ($650 obo)

28in
M24 Contour
5/8x24 Muzzle threads
Approx. 351rds on it
My High load (107 smk): 29gns Varget = 2780fps
My Low load (112 Barnes): 29gns Varget = 2730fps

Never went faster than this since I was trying to figure out the whole false pressure deal.

———

6BRA Harrells FL Die + bump gauge — from OTM ($80 firm)

———

Prefer cash, but not closed off to trades.

Happy to talk more about anything, just let me know!

Thanks folks!

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    722.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0096.jpeg