• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 BRA Brass weight and powder charge

KenRUM

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2019
Fruita, CO
I currently shoot Lapua brass which I love. But I willy nilly signed up for a club match and need to do some practicing before hand. I currently live in an apartment and the thought of punching primers out, tumbling, and drying brass didn't sound too appealing so I bought 300 Alpha 6 BRA brass.

After 6 firings, my Lapua brass weigh on average 128.39gr. My normal load is 30.5gr of 4895.

The new Alpha brass weighs 132.19gr. Do I need to drop down the weight difference in powder and scale back up to find my load again?

I've been reloading for a year and have my load dialed in. Single digit sd etc. I've just never changed brass and could use some insight.

Thanks!

Full disclosure, I don't have any problems with Lapua brass, I'll still use it in the future. I just wanted to load and shoot to minimize case prep.

I think you will still be fine pressure wise but what number you running?

What bullet is that? But yea I think you got room still before you are pushing it