• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 6 CM Coyote Killer

CoyoteCommander

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2014
SD
Had this rifle built two years ago and have just been tickled pink with it.

Trued up 700 in an XLR chassis.

Shooting the 108 Hornady eld-m at around 3080 fps.

Its killed now from shotgun distance to 760 yards. I quit counting at 200 but it has to be approaching 300 coyotes now and I’ve only had five “issues”. Two would have been issues no matter what, just poor hits. One ran about 50 yards before piling up, another was anchored on the spot but alive, and another, who knows. Coyotes are about as tough as they come. He left a few inches of gut behind, and I’m sure had I followed up better he’d have been recovered, but he was heading down a nasty nasty draw, the snow was deep, and what goes down must come up. I didn’t want to confirm it that bad!

If you’re shooting something flavored in 6mm, I can’t say enough good about these 108s!

Attachments

• IMG_6559.jpeg
    IMG_6559.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Nice setup.

How do you do with the shotgun range stuff with a min 5x?

I’ve never really struggled with target acquisition or staying on target.

Heck, most of the time for those close ones I’m not even at low power. You likely have to pop the far one first wherever it may be so I end up Just reaching up and crank it quick to wherever it ends up just as long as it’s not max power for the close one, who’s usually a mover at that point.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
That's a super power you have then. I don't think most people can pick up a close mover under high magnification. I sure can't. Damn nice rifle though.

I'm liking the 130gr ELD-M in 6.5x47 on yotes right now. At some point, I may transition to a 6 CM. It'll take quite a while to use up my stash of x47 supplies though.

The last one I popped at [258 yards]? (255 -262...can't remember exactly off the top of my head):
20240316_173030.jpg

The x47/130 does a good job on big feral dogs too. Not that I find it sporting...but I like to be as humane as possible when I have to dispatch one.