• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 creed 4831 sc vs 4831

1fliride

Master baiter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2013
WV
Does anyone have real world experience with using 4831sc and 4831 in
the 6 creed ?
Looking for data from each powder to see if they had and impact on sd and es

Reactions: BagleyOutdoors
I use h4831sc at 43 gr behind 110 smk at around 2970-2990 coal of 2.83coal. Single digit es. I am at 2400 rounds since June 2018. This proof m24 8 twist is still shooting great.

Have not used both

Last edited:
I ran the 110's in a 7.5 twist, shot great on movers out to 600 yds.
They were hauling the mail @3140, sorry not with H4831

Go to Hogdon and check the Max and Min load data for both kinds. You will see they are exactly the same. You can get more sc into a case due to load density. Don't worry about the differences unless you are into compressed load density territory.

H4831SC - Ballistically, this Extreme Extruded powder is the exact copy of H4831. Physically, it has a shorter grain size, therefore, the designation SC or short cut. The shorter, more compact kernels allow the powder to flow through the powder measures more smoothly, helping to alleviate the constant cutting of granules. With the smoother flow characteristics comes more uniform charge weights, while the individual grains orient more compactly, creating better loading density.

http://ns.hodgdon.com/extreme.html

I use h4831sc at 43 gr behind 110 smk at around 2970-2990 coal of 2.83coal. Single digit es. I am at 2400 rounds since June 2018. This proof m24 8 twist is still shooting great.

Have not used both

Out of curiousity what brass are you using? And do you know what your jam or jump is at 2.830”?

Last edited:
Out of curiousity what brass are you using? And do you know what your jam or jump is at 2.830”?
I am using Petersen srp brass. I will get back to you eventually on the jump and reamer specs, but it was initially more then I was thinking it should be, but it shot so good I left it. I am sure the lands are moved forward. It shoots so great that I hate to re-measure.