• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Creedmoor neck diameter

longrange2

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2008
Rocky Mountains
For those of you using the Hornady 6 Creedmoor brass (not necked down 6.5 creedmoor) what is the neck diameter on your loaded rounds? Looking at reamers and wondering what loaded neck diameters folks are getting with that brass.

I have barreled a few rifles with a .274nk creedmoor reamer. I finally got ahold of a loaded round last week it measured .272 at the case mouth .274 over the psi ring. None of the shooters I chambered barrels for ever said anything about turning brass so I pulled the bullet and used my ball mic.
The samples I checked are .014 with an occasional thick spot of .0145 this adds up to .271 minimum. A thick piece of brass measured over the bullet psi ring could measure over .272.
I like the idea of a .275 maybe a .276 reamer for Hornady brass on my personal rifle but they are shootin damn good for those that have the .274 nk.
I'm wondering what the new Norma brass will measure?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a .274 neck is OK but I should check my brass and clean up any necks that run toward the thick side. I read GAP was using .277 necks but I think that is for semi-auto rifles. What throat length are you using? I plan on shooting the 105 grain Berger Hybrids.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a .274 neck is OK but I should check my brass and clean up any necks that run toward the thick side. I read GAP was using .277 necks but I think that is for semi-auto rifles. What throat length are you using? I plan on shooting the 105 grain Berger Hybrids.
My next build is going to have a 274 neck, 104 throat, perfect for VLDs or Hybrids. My brass measure 272.

The freebore length is .104