• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher & Alpha brass?

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
Seeing some posts in the Reloading Depot about people with Dashers who are having pressure issues with Alpha brass after 2-3 firings.

I know Alpha has marginally less case capacity than formed Lapua 6BR brass so you probably have to drop a few tenths from Lapua charge weights...but how widespread are these pressure issues?

My Dasher has a .272 neck with .105 freebore, and I'm using Whidden dies.

In my opinion people got used to running really hot charges in Lapua brass. Then they switched to alpha and the same hot charges gave pressure signs. I have had good luck with Alpha brass running at about 31.0 to 31.5 grains of Varget with a 105 Hybrid. The precision is good which is what matters most. People trying to eek out an extra 50 FPS pay the price.

Reactions: Supersubes
I'm running alpha brass in my dasher and love it. I'm on the 8th firing now with no issues. I never really push em hard though. I'm running 31.6 of Varget at 2915.

Seeing some posts in the Reloading Depot about people with Dashers who are having pressure issues with Alpha brass after 2-3 firings.

I know Alpha has marginally less case capacity than formed Lapua 6BR brass so you probably have to drop a few tenths from Lapua charge weights...but how widespread are these pressure issues?

IMO, .272 neck is too tight for Alpha.

Wide spread enough they introduced “optimized case heads” for 6gt and dasher brass.

Many were having issues nowhere close to hot charges.