• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher And 700 clones.Which mags?

Pav67

Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
Mn
Having a 6 dasher built and wondering what mags are working?Have 2 aics with primal rights kits to try.Any other options that work as well or better?Magpul,ARC ,Aics without kit have seen all mentioned.Action and chassis or dbm used would also be helpful.Thanks

Magpul 5 rounders work great for my 700SA/BC Medalist/PRG M5 Stealth Dasher, even with 6BR fireform loads.

Thanks boiler .Nice to have option of 5 rounders.Especially for the price.

There should be a "Dasher and BR based" sticky.

I was squadded with two guys at a match. One guy's Dasher ran pretty good, I did see some malfunctions though, but his comment to me was, I'm doing 6x47 next.

The other guy had a malfunction every two stages or so, we didn't discuss why. He had a Mausingfield.

Seems to run in Bighorns well but I've got a Mausingfield. Makes me nervous, i'll tell yuh! It's a fair investment in brass, dies and mag conversions. etc, to end up back where I started. I'm sold on Dasher or 6BRA as far as their attributes.

The intricacies of the functioning of Dasher really need to be told in detail if the action isn't a Bighorn. I'm sure their are a bunch of guys that feel as I do.

Ha, I know someone is going to say, you should have got a Bighorn, and to that I reply, yes maybe so.

Just saying.

Steve I’m in agreement on the sticky idea.Seems to be everything from nothing but problems feeding to none at all.Have a 6.5 saum and tweaking mags made a world of difference( huge thanks to Bas402).Any mods to mags that work in multiple guns help.

Have a 6.5 saum and tweaking mags made a world of difference( huge thanks to Bas402).
Bas402 runs a Dasher too!

I think a lot of issues in general arise from magazine height and feedlips. This is true in 6x47 also. These rifle are all slightly custom and what works in one, might fail in another. It will never be plug&play. Dasher is also a wildcat, with wildcats it's really up to you. There are no standard dies, reamers or brass. One man's gem is another man's junker. I run Bighorn TL2's only. These don't have the fancier feed or ejection of TL3's. Dashers still runs well. I think people need to lean on good experienced gunsmiths (and friends if you got them) to get these running properly. Dasher is the deep end of the pool for sure.

Thanks Pav67 and well stated delfuego! I have been very fortunate with both friends and smiths that understand help. I also believe that you need to understand that dealing with wildcats or anything not the norm comes occasional pains along with good knowledge of how your setup functions. I to run an old TL2 for my Dasher AW cut ( was told it would not run well) and it it runs from AW, ARC, and AI mags flawless, IT CAN BE DONE and with little or no mods. I love the rd. I also run ARC mags in my Tempest which folks say doesn't work. Heck they even told me that 7WSM wouldn't ever work out of my DTA 100%...not true and not only for me! I guess what I'm trying to say is don't listen to a lot of the crap out there and keep your mind open and understand how your equipment works or just stick to a 308 and like but things also pop up with those as well especially with these new longer bullets coming out. JM .02

My experience with 6 dasher and mags has led me to believe you may require some tinkering with mags to get them to work or it may run without any mods. Friend of mine down here in CO runs straight AICS mags, no mods. I have run the Primal Rights kits with a little tweaking and they run fine. The new ARC mags are hit and miss - just got to try them to see if they work. Funny thing is I have tried them in practice, no issues. Big match, lots of issues lol!! Short story is I don't run the ARC mag in dasher in big matches any more.

Funny you mention that about the ARC mags. I found that they are vulnerable to dirt and dust issues in dusty conditions causing the follower to hang on the nose. I took mine apart and polished the follower on the leading edge and radius and that solved the issue for me. Took me some time to trust it like you say but it runs

That is exactly what mine do - they hang up in the forward portion of the follower. Have tried using regular 5 rd AICS guts, same issue. Buddy of mine in Az uses them and loves them - I think in his last 3 big matches no issues at all. I am going to try playing with them a little more, polishing them a bit more.

Thanks to all those that responded.Reason I started thread was to gain knowledge of tricks/tips to success.Great thing about this forum is level of experience and help others offer.More than 1 way to skin a cat but helps knowing it has been skinned before.

On my 8th Dasher barrel, two older Bighorn actions and a TL3. Stock 10rd AICS mags with the front of the feed lips flared slightly run 100%.

That is exactly what mine do - they hang up in the forward portion of the follower. Have tried using regular 5 rd AICS guts, same issue. Buddy of mine in Az uses them and loves them - I think in his last 3 big matches no issues at all. I am going to try playing with them a little more, polishing them a bit more.

Yep, did the same thing with my ARC mags too. Filed the front "wings" off the follower, cleaned it up then polished it with some steel wool to help reduce friction further. Runs great now in my TL-3, no more hanging up in the front of the follower.