• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 dasher / BR clickers

J.J.chago

Merkin Mafia
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2017
Pound town, Tennessee
I think I have a simple cure for when you get clickers. And can’t adjust your FL die because you bump your shoulders too much. Initial testing has proven itself 100% effective. But before I post bad advice, will someone more experienced with wildcats and non Sammi pm me?
Thanks

Well I just looked over at another forum and it was already discussed . I didn’t want to order new dies so I pulled the decapping rod and expander out of a 30-06 die and run it thru.

Reactions: Dolomite
I've done the same thing with a 308 die on Dasher brass. You could use any 308 based die that had a slightly smaller base diameter and that doesn't interfere with body taper or shoulder.

Squeezing the base does push the shoulder forward so you need to re-bump the shoulder afterwards.

Reactions: DIBBS
I've done the same thing with a 308 die on Dasher brass. You could use any 308 based die that had a slightly smaller base diameter and that doesn't interfere with body taper or shoulder.

Squeezing the base does push the shoulder forward so you need to re-bump the shoulder afterwards.
Yeah, the 30-06 die does mess with the taper slightly

Call Harrell's Precision at 540-380-2683. I tried all the above suggestions and none worked. Harrel's will provide a die matched to spent cases you provide. It worked great for me. If you want to borrow my .308 small base die to try instead contact me. I have no use for it now.

Call Harrell's Precision at 540-380-2683. I tried all the above suggestions and none worked. Harrel's will provide a die matched to spent cases you provide. It worked great for me. If you want to borrow my .308 small base die to try instead contact me. I have no use for it now.

You tried an actual Redding 6BR small base die and it didn't work?? I've used it on lots of Lapua 6BR brass and it's worked every time...

That's correct. I borrowed a small base Redding 6BR die. It was a 90% cure. The Harrells die in 6Dasher has been a 100% solution. The small base .308 was useless.

That's correct. I borrowed a small base Redding 6BR die. It was a 90% cure. The Harrells die in 6Dasher has been a 100% solution. The small base .308 was useless.
I use Lapua brass in my BR and a Harrells die. Guess thats why I didnt know what clickers were, the die works well!