• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher / BR /GT etc... feeding in AXSR

wisey113

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2014
Denver, CO
Does anyone have any experience running any of the short 6mm's in an AXSR? Are you using the standard 308 mag, or is there a kit to convert the mags to better feed these kinds of cartridges

Shouldn't be too much different than feeding in any AI. The AI isn't what I would consider "optimal" for dasher/br, but you can get it to work by choosing mags that work better than others and fiddle fucking with them. I've got mine feeding pretty damn good. Good enough where it hasn't affected me in match settings.

Yes, you need mag kits.

Shouldn't be too much different than feeding in any AI. The AI isn't what I would consider "optimal" for dasher/br, but you can get it to work by choosing mags that work better than others and fiddle fucking with them. I've got mine feeding pretty damn good. Good enough where it hasn't affected me in match settings.

Yes, you need mag kits.
Appreciate the info. What mag kits would work?

Appreciate the info. What mag kits would work?

I use PVA and HRD mag kits for my AW mags.

The axsr uses axmc mags I think which are different mags than AW but the short action mags use thr AW followers, I believe so the regular AX/AW mag kits should still work. Both the PVA and HRD have been great but the feed lips are going to be what you may need to alter to get best feeding. MPA makes a mag freed lip adjustment tool that is great but you can also use an adjustable Cresent wrench.

I used HRD kits in AW mags for a 6mmBR chambered AT that was in an MPA. It fed, extracted, and ejected flawless. I should have kept that rifle…

I don't think there are mag kits that fit the AXSR 308 mags. I think the interior of those mags are different than the AW and AX mags but that's a guess since I don't have a 308 AXSR mag. And I read the 308 SR mags have a longer ID (in the low 3" range) than AX/AW mags so nose diving rounds would be a larger concern.

Running a 6mm Creedmoor slow would probably be the safest bet. If you want to try it anyways, expect to tinker with possibly modifying mag kits to fit the SR or loading rounds forward in the mag and hope they don't shift around.