• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 dasher feeding - AICS vs. AW

ChemE1975

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
California
For a custom action (ie. impact 737r), they are available in AICS or AW cut. If a 6 dasher build, is there consensus on which magazine (AICS or AW) feeds more reliably? This assuming both mags will use a conversion kit. Any experience is appreciated.

I have a 6 bra, fuzion aw cut action, very similar to your 737. Tried aw with hrd kits, arc with pva kits, accurate aics with primal kits and mdt br mags. Never could get the arc/aw to feed worth a crap. The accurate with a lil feed lip tuning are gtg. The mdt br with a lil feed lip tuning have arguably been the best. I know not completely apples to apples but my experience. Mag latch height has to be high to keep aw mags pushed up high for the low case head presentation of aw's double stack double feed format. So a chassis with adj latch, or a bottom metal with available longer latches is the route to go if you desire aw mags.

image.jpg

Never had a feed issue ever. I run a Zermatt tl3 action though.

I have a Terminus Zeus which is AW cut. I tried HRD kits with AW mags and never was able to get it to run 6BR reliably. The AICS mags with Primal Rights kits run the 6BR flawlessly.

Zeus with AW/HRD wasnt the best with 6bra. Has a small hitch feeding where i had to pull back bolt and push forward again. MDT 6br mags fed fine. If run the bolt fast it wouldnt occur but guessing forcing it past the issue. A Tenacity with AW cut, 6BR in unmodified KRG Bravo with AW mags with HRD kit feeds like butter.

Zeus with MDT 6BR mags and it runs perfect. Every feeding issue i've had was because the extractor was slowly breaking, in retrospect.

I have run a impact with mdt 6brmags and defiance with aw mags. The defiance with aws is amazing so good I sold the impact because loading aics mags is aids

MDT Br mags have worked the best out of my 6bra. I have mixed results with the AW/HRD setup.

TL3 6 Dasher with AW mags. Tweaked the feed lips a bit. 100% feeding. Using spacers from HRD

I haven't touched the mag lips on the AW yet for 6br/improved versions, but when guys do what sections are you? Might give them another go in the Zeus 6bra

I haven't touched the mag lips on the AW yet for 6br/improved versions, but when guys do what sections are you? Might give them another go in the Zeus 6bra
The Zeus hates aw mags. Don't bother. Aec mags with aluminum lri follower is king in the Zeus