• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher FORSTER DIES..

chrisj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2005
Naples, FL
Is anyonee using Forster dies for their 6 Dasher with Lapua Unturned necks? If so.. looking for the neck measurement after FL sizing.. Outside neck that is.
chamber will have a .272 neck so trying to see if Forster die will work properly.
Thanks

I have 3 that I had Forster custom hone..265,.266 and .267.I would get .265 or 66 and polish expander ball.There a great option

Reactions: chrisj
I want to say that my dasher was the die I had mailed in to be honed to .265 without even trying it first myself and they sent it back saying that’s what it already was and engraved it on the top for me. Can’t be sure, I’ve sent a couple 6s in that are now engraved and it’s been awhile.

That said the chamber neck doesn’t really mean much to the sizing die needs and how it prepares the case for a loaded round.
What is your brass neck thickness or loaded round neck diameter?

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisj
Before mine were honed it sized to about .263 before expander .