• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 digit action correct serial # range value

AZHUNTER

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2006
Flagstaff, AZ
It seems that remington 6 digit actions typically average $700 from the limited sales I have seen and I dont think they were in the correct serial# range for a m40 build and some need the bolt faces opened up for 308. How much would a CORRECT serial# for m40 remington 6 digit action already in .308cal bolt face short shroud and flat safety be worth on average??

Thanks,

Re: 6 digit action correct serial # range value

I have three built that I paid under 400.00. Two 260s, and one 6XC. Between 225,000 and 325,000. Two were 6MM Remington and one 243. All were bought at gun shows. Just watch for aluminum but plates and flat side safetys.

was checking because i have 2 now and came across a third for a decent price and was thinking of picking up for trade fodder if its still available.

My opinion is that while these are a desireable receiver to have for an M40 or an A1 build they are not intrinsically much more valuable than a new G prefix receiver, unless you are in the right place at the right time as a seller.