• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 mm ARC Reloading

richidaho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
Blackfoot, ID
Well started the billed with a Maga upper lower set. Installed a Faxo firearm's barrel, 16", 5r, 1-8. Troy hand guard, JP extractor, Magpul adjustable stock. Picked up three magazines one duramag and two e-lander. Was wanting to start shooting the rifle 2 months ago but could not find ammo. Wanted to start with Horrandy black or match and reload the brass. Well ammo got back-ordered; so did some looking around and found some starline 6.5 Grendel brass. So I sized and trimmed the brass to 1.470. Found what reloading data Horrandy was giving out for the Burgger 105g hybrid; happened to have a box of 500. Loaded up some ammo; started with 25g lever evolution, COL 2.200. Having problems getting this AR to feed correctly and some of the loaded rounds will not chamber (3 out of 10). This was my first outing the grouping was not bad but needed work. Added a trigger group from JP. Loaded up 20 rounds double checked all the brass (2 out of 20) would not chamber. Wondering about this brass in an AR?
At about the same time, I found 4 boxes of Horrandy black. Went out and shot up a box of the Horrandy black still had some feeding issues but no chambering issues. Are the feeding issues due to magazines or buffer springs; do I need an adjustable gas block? The Horrandy ammo shot very well 1.5 moa to sub moa. Looking for some pointers.

Thanks
Rich L

will the gun lock back on a empty mag?
Do you your port size? What is the length of your gas system?
I assume you have seem the monster thread on the SEMI-AUTO folder on 6ARC... it has a wealth of knowledge.

Bought a new Horrandy sizing die; hope this fixes some of the problems.

16” length with Mid-Length gas system and 0.079 gas port diameter.

Yes on the lock back on empty mag.

Last edited: