• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 mm BR

No reason you cant. People kill a lot of stuff with the 6.5 grendel, which is very similar in case capacity.

Last edited:
I'm going to transition to 6BR as my coyote rifle/load once I burn out my 243 Win barrel; the 6Br's inherent accuracy out to 600 yards and the powder efficiency were the main selling points.

Reactions: hereinaz
killed a truck full of critters with a 108gr at 2875 muzzle velocity 2 falls ago. and the results were always spectacular. (21" 243 and h4350)

my plan going forward is factory 105gr lapua out of a 21" barrel for hunting. if it goes the plus side of 2700 i'll be stoked

I have a little Kimber Montana chambered in 6 BR. I generally us 58gr VMAX on coyotes. Small, lightweight and extremely accurate for a hunting rifle. 1-8 twist, #2 SS Shilen

g53mU0bl.jpg

I think its a great idea. I looked at it, and decided on 6 bra. As soon as my rifle is done, I can tell you wahat a suppressed 22" barrel and Berger 95s to 108s will do. They should be between 2800 and 2950 somewhere. I could run a lighter bullet for coyote, and I do have some to try. Ballistics looked good out to 600 and pushing 700 yards on the heavier bullets.

A Berger hunting bullet impacting above 1800 fps is a killer. Doesn't matter if it is from a wildcat caliber or a .243. I reload everything, so made sense to go with the best case for precision.

Benefits of a 6 br case are stupid easy loading for precision and lower recoil. I am hoping it will feed good from the Mini Action, which lightweight and compact size was a priority for my backpack hunting rifle.

Reactions: kthomas