• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

60* XM actions?

LRJammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2011
Southwest US
I have been doing my research in preparation for building a new hunting rifle in 6.5 PRC. Several friends shoot the round and they all say that it really needs the XM or intermediate length action for best results. I really like the Terminus actions and want to build on a 60 degree action. I have been shooting an AI AX for 7 years now and love the short cycling motion.

Does anybody make an intermediate length, 60 degree action with a magnum bolt face?

Or buy a Sako S20 in 6.5PRC. The mags are cheaper than Tikka, 3.075" long, and have 7rd mags available.

As the original post stated, the 6.5 PRC is a round that very much needs the extra action length to realize its potential.
Completely defeats the purpose of the cartridge.

It works just fine in a short action but if you want to get really specific with freebore and seating depth then you’re doing it wrong anyways. The Sherman short cartridges solved whatever seating depth issues may arise in a prc and on top of that you will get you more speed with an ss. So if that’s the case just get a 6.5 SS in a short action and run an easy to build short action rifle.