• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

640 Thermal with lifetime warranty?

GTOJOSH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2018
I know very little here. A friend has one on order and told me his big sell points were the lifetime warranty, Laser rangefinder, and U.s. company.
I'm sure that can't all be so, but the specs sure look intriguing.

Anyone have additional information? Bae core? Chinacom? Take my money?

I know very little here. A friend has one on order and told me his big sell points were the lifetime warranty, Laser rangefinder, and U.s. company.
I'm sure that can't all be so, but the specs sure look intriguing.

Anyone have additional information? Bae core? Chinacom? Take my money?

Business model - sell thermal for double the cost, keep one back for failures. if failure rate < 100% profit.

This is an iRay unit from Chayyah. iRay is much better than things like this used to be from Chayyah (the Hebrew word for Beast used in the Bible for the passage on the Mark of the Beast...fun conincidence eh?).

My last iRay died. They fixed it. My current iRay made unit is dead. The rebrander is gonna fix it.

That said - my L3 unit died and so did my FLIR one. And a Trijicon IR hunter MkIII. And I have seen dead nVision ones.

The only thermal I ever had that didn’t break is the NOX18. Yet.

If you want this one, find the rebrander that sells it for $5k not 8k.

That is the Conotech Polaris 650RL. We retail them here in New Zealand for around $US4500. Google them to find reviews. They are exceptional value. We have had zero returns. The integrated rangefinder is effective out to around 900 yards and has balistics integrated with the reticle. They use the HIK micro sensors. Conotech is incredibly popular.

Their site says the Thermal warranty is 36 months:
"We warrant our Thermal scopes to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for 36 months from the date of manufacturing.

The lifetime warranty covers their other optics according to their site : "Our Warranty is simple we guarantee our UL, ZS and L/R Rifle Scopes, Binoculars and spotting scopes for life"

Actually does look like a neat scope. I like the buildout and the all metal construction (at least it looks all metal). I loved their certification page for Conotech:

1648743074311.png

I wonder what the one on the bottom right is to be so different than the others. I...think....its the CCP Aerospace/Military certified supplier sheet.

Reactions: camocorvette
They are all metal. Conotech are currently looking for a USA distributor I believe. Whoever picks them up will do extremely well.

If it were the lifetime warranty I'd be very interested in them losing money on me. I have Marine friends who won't let me touch their stuff for fear I'd break it.

As a side note, I had the owner (Mark) call me today. Nice guy, answered lots of my questions, and will be sending more info.

Looks like a product of Nanjing Wavelength Electro Optical.

Between upgrading the core to 640, shipping...import duties. $4500 isn't unreasonable for sure.

HRM - wow. A Halo XRF with laser rangefinder is only $1600 more than the Black Diamond one.

Last edited: