• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not sure about safes specifically made for scoped rifles, but when it come to safes in general, take the number of guns it says it holds and cut it in half. Seriously, gunsafe capacity claims by most, if not all, manufacturers is borderline immoral, haha. If you need to store 12 rifles, get a 24 gun safe. You'll also find yourself wanting to put more than just guns in there, so bigger is better.

^^^ This. For my safe, even half the "stated capacity" is too optimistic when you start putting scoped rifles in it.

The best advice I can offer is this:
  • Stay away from cheap big-box store brands. They're better than nothing, but fall far short of better models.
  • If I were going to buy a safe today, I would go with one of the Liberty models for two reasons:
    1. Quality
    2. - Here in central NC, in my experience, Talton's Safe Co. is by far my go-to dealer. Ray Talton has been in business for almost 50 years. He's a genuinely good guy. He's moved my safe twice as part of house moves.
You know, now that I think about it, even if you are nowhere near central NC, it is probably worth your while to browse Ray's web site and call him with questions or whatever. I don't know if drop-shipping is feasible with safes, especially big ones, but when my son bought his safe on basis of one of the floor models, Ray ordered it. It's worth asking about.

Last edited: