• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6arc

Fair chase

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2021
Kentucky
Really kicking around the idea of a 6 arc build for a night time coyote rig.
Im thinking 80 gr bullets is where I would like to be , but don’t really know yet how they will do in the arc .
The new 80 gr eld-vt looks to me to be a good idea, but who knows when or if they will show up.

I would love to hear thoughts from you guys that have tried 6arc.

Built two 18in and one 22in 6arc’s for friends. Everyone loves them but none have taken game with them yet, just been used for plinking steel. I’m looking to build an 18-22in for myself for the same scenario you’re talking about with the double duty of trying a gas gun match or two this year.

I used a Rainer Arms 22” for mine- I wished I’d of went with the 20” BA Hanson.

Reasons-
1. Rainer 22” is an .875” at the gas block instead of a .750”.
2. Gas tube length on the 20” is Rifle Length- on the 22” it is Rifle +2.
3. Weight- the 22” is About ~ 3/4 lb. heavier than a 20” .750”@ the gas block.

Things to note.

Mine shoots good so far with Factory Hornady Ammo. Brass has been a challenge to source thus far.

Last edited:
Really kicking around the idea of a 6 arc build for a night time coyote rig.
Im thinking 80 gr bullets is where I would like to be , but don’t really know yet how they will do in the arc .
The new 80 gr eld-vt looks to me to be a good idea, but who knows when or if they will show up.

I would love to hear thoughts from you guys that have tried 6arc.
Regarding building a 6ARC. Before you do that, spec your build on paper, add up the price and compare the price to a Seekins.
Last I checked Seekins only sold 22” guns however they did make a special build for BattleHawk Armony of some 18” models. $1400. Yes, $1400. Do your due diligence on Seekins and I’m sure you’ll see the logic.
Have an 18” Seekins. Could not be more happy.

I used a Rainer Arms 22” for mine- I wished I’d of went with the 20” BA Hanson.

Reasons-
1. Rainer 22” is an .875” at the gas block instead of a .750”.
2. Gas tube length on the 20” is Rifle Length- on the 22” it is Rifle +2.
3. Weight- the 22” is About ~ 3/4 lb. heavier than a 20” .750”@ the gas block.

Things to note.

Mine shoots good so far with Factory Hornady Ammo. Brass has been a challenge to source thus far.
So nothing lighter than 105 out of yours yet ?

Starting an 18" build myself with a Proof Carbon 18" barrel. It has a Rifle +1 gas system that uses a .750" gas block/journal, Apparently they worked with Hornady to develop the best gas system length based on barrel length. I believe the 16" barrel has a standard Rifle length gas system.

vVgpWc4.jpg

Reactions: MSTN
I started a thread on the 6ARC and it's been great. Killed a couple yotes (very dead) and a deer (just as dead) so far with it. I went 18" and have no regrets.

I'm in the same boat, looking forward to the 80's in a factory load for dogs (and most anything besides deer to 600-800)

Reactions: tex68w
I started a thread on the 6ARC and it's been great. Killed a couple yotes (very dead) and a deer (just as dead) so far with it. I went 18" and have no regrets.

I'm in the same boat, looking forward to the 80's in a factory load for dogs (and most anything besides deer to 600-800)

Which load were you using for whitetail?

I usually take heart shots on the deer we hunt as most shots are right at or just inside of 100 yards. I'll give the 108's a whirl in the fall in both the 6 Creed and the 6 ARC and see how it goes. 308 Fusion 150's did extremely well this season on deer and pigs, not that I had any doubt.

Reactions: rlsmith1
If you want a factory load that will hold together, Precision firearms has a load with the Barnes 95 gr LRX. I get 2654 fps through my 18” Odin and 2464 fps out of my 13” Bartlein chambered by PF.

Reactions: hseII and tex68w
If you want a factory load that will hold together, Precision firearms has a load with the Barnes 95 gr LRX. I get 2654 fps through my 18” Odin and 2464 fps out of my 13” Bartlein chambered by PF.

Yea they are only claiming 2650 fps with the 65 gr vmax also out of a 24” barrel.
This just don’t impress me much !

Regarding building a 6ARC. Before you do that, spec your build on paper, add up the price and compare the price to a Seekins.
Last I checked Seekins only sold 22” guns however they did make a special build for BattleHawk Armony of some 18” models. $1400. Yes, $1400. Do your due diligence on Seekins and I’m sure you’ll see the logic.
Have an 18” Seekins. Could not be more happy.

This. I love my 18” Seekins 6 ARC, I couldn’t build one of similar quality for what it cost.

The 18” wasn’t a special run for battlehawk armory though, they just pull shit from all the distributors inventory and don’t even stock much. I ordered mine through Euro Optic.

Reactions: mrtoyz
Yea they are only claiming 2650 fps with the 65 gr vmax also out of a 24” barrel.
That does seem off by a bit. They list 2650 with the 95 LRX also out of a 24”barrel, and I got that with my 18”.

I think they need to run some loads over a chrono and get real results, not calculated speeds from a loading program.

Has anyone here tried the Noveske Gen 4 6 ARC uppers? Thinking about picking up the 12.5" upper when they come back in stock. I can see it replacing my 300BLK SBR that shoots mostly 110 supers.

6 arc gas gun data puts the 65g 2800-3200.
I am going to guess that's a typo since it's about 200fps slower than starting data for 65g vmax in an 18" barrel.

Lots of folks reporting lack of accuracy with bullets under 87 gr.
wondering if a slower twist would help with this ?

Grendel Hunter has their 18” uppers in mid length gas vs rifle length. What are the draw backs? My initial range trip had sub MOA with handloads.

You literally asked what the drawbacks are and I’m a negative Nancy for pointing out that a complete upper for $500 is poor quality and that they used the wrong gas system? LOL

I’m not surprised guys that drive minivans are sensitive as fuck.

• Haha
Reactions: db2000
You literally asked what the drawbacks are and I’m a negative Nancy for pointing out that a complete upper for $500 is poor quality and that they used the wrong gas system? LOL

Come on you ole neggy Nance. You know 500 dollar shit box uppers are " jus as guuuud." As one with a 500 dollar barrel. 🤡🤡🤣

• Haha
Reactions: redneckbmxer24

COBALT KINETICS SPR ELITE (6MM ARC) 22" PROOF CARBON BARREL WITH RCB-KM WITH B5 ADJUSTABLE (BLACK)​

Attachments

• arc.jpg
    arc.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 3 shots 100 yard with in first ten rounds.png
    3 shots 100 yard with in first ten rounds.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: tex68w

Yep paid cash for a 2021 Honda Odyssey for my wife and 5 kids to have a practical, reliable vehicle. You’re too immature though and think bagging on me owning and occasionally driving my paid for family van is some sort of own.