• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR: 95 TMK vs 105 Hybrid vs 108 ELDM

BallisticPrimate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
G'day Hide,

105gr Hybrids are impossible to find anywhere in Australia, and with no signs of them turning up anytime soon I need to start looking at other options. I'm running 2 x 6BR's and a .243, all are 8 twist and all shoot extremely well with 105's. I stupidly sold a large chunk of my batch to some mates and now my supply is low after months of no new stock arriving in the country.

I'm eyeing 95TMK's and 108 ELDM's as replacements I can get now, how are those bullets doing for you? BC matters to me to a point, but ease of load dev is also high on my list of priorities so I have little interest in anything VLD

I just loaded the first of mine. So far the TMK are very accurate. .3-.4 groups without any tinkering with jump. I was using varget and I’m going to try H4895.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
Do you have any idea how far they are jumping?
Right now I’m jumping.010. I was using between 30 and 30.6 grains of varget. I’m sure I could go hotter but like I said these were the first 20 bullets loaded. They seem like extremely accurate bullets. I think that they will end up being my go to.

I left the hybrids behind for the same reason.
Nobody wants the 105 vld hunting bullets so I grabbed some and they have been tops to 900m.
Also 105 scenars which are by far the easiest to tune.
I tried both of these in two different dashers with great results.