• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6br build - Wyatt internal box

ChemE1975

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
California
I am thinking about a 6br build. The thing holding me back is that I do not want to be limited to a single shot. I have done the requisite reading over on accurateshooter/6mmbr...it seems guys there are having limited success modifying detactable mags. It also seems like the Wyatt internal box may be the most reliable. I could live with the limited capacity on the Wyatt box, but only if I gain near 100% feeding reliability.

Is anyone out there using a Wyatt box with 6br? What are your impressions in terms of feeding reliability?

Last edited:
i'm going to bump this thread just once. otherwise i am taking the crickets to mean that no on is using a mag fed 6mm br successfully.

My savage i built is 100% feeding with AI308 mags. My Remington never would feed right so it got converted to a single shot. A factory savage dbm feeds good also.

I have a pierce short action with a coned bolt. It feeds great out of a modified AI 5 rnd mag. I have 2 of these rifles and a budy has one also. The one i have has 3500 rnds thru it and hasnt failed yet. All you have to do is cut about 3/8" off the front of the mag follower and put a shim about 3/8 thick in the front of the mag to keep the rnds from sliding forward. Easy.

On a savage 6 br u use an AR follower with an ak spring cut in half and a delrin spacer in the rear that is .4"ish. 10 rd mags hold 10 rds and feed slick from first to last. I do not see how a spacer can work in the 10 rd mag with the factory leaf spring, when the spring is compressed it takes up the full dimension of the mag box. I did not have room for a spacer and factory spring (AI mag). Also tried a plastic AI mag, it works and feeds even slicker but only holds 7 rds. The feedlips are thinned up enough that after 8 mo of hard use when a loaded mag is seated with bolt open a rd pops up and screws up the reload cycle. With my 10 rd 308/6br mag it can be switched back to 308 in 5 minutes. No part of the mag/follower/ spring was hacked on.

Last edited: