• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR Conversion for MDT 12 rnd 308/6.5CM?

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Recently rebarreled my 6mm Creedmoor to 6mmBR Norma and have quite a stash of MDT 12 round 308/6.5Creedmoor magazines that don’t quite cut the cheese anymore.

Called MDT... they don’t make a conversion kit and claimed they are pulling their BR mags for a few weeks due to issues with them.

Has anyone converted a MDT 308 mag to BR? What kit did you use?

Recently rebarreled my 6mm Creedmoor to 6mmBR Norma and have quite a stash of MDT 12 round 308/6.5Creedmoor magazines that don’t quite cut the cheese anymore.

Called MDT... they don’t make a conversion kit and claimed they are pulling their BR mags for a few weeks due to issues with them.

Has anyone converted a MDT 308 mag to BR? What kit did you use?

Cant help with your conversion but as someone who has a couple of new MDT 6BR mags that I haven't got around to using yet I'm intrigued as to what the issues are?

Couldn’t tell you what the issue was, he didn’t say...

Was just told that they can’t be converted.

Can’t speak for it all options but my pva br mag conversion does not fit in my 10 rd 308 mdt mag.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. We aren't pulling anything with the magazines. We've been out of stock for a long time, and sadly it's going to be quite some time before we have anything on the shelf. We don't sell a conversion kit. We are looking at updates to the 6BR magazine, but the only thing we are looking at is making them work with three lug actions out of the box rather than require tuning.

-Anthony

I'm not sure what you are referring to. We aren't pulling anything with the magazines. We've been out of stock for a long time, and sadly it's going to be quite some time before we have anything on the shelf. We don't sell a conversion kit. We are looking at updates to the 6BR magazine, but the only thing we are looking at is making them work with three lug actions out of the box rather than require tuning.

-Anthony
I have had some intermittent issues with what appears to be my followers binding/sticking so my rounds don't feed (they bounce around loose inside). Have to pull the mag and push it up and down to get it to work smoothly again and this does not happen with my MDT "normal" metal mags. These are relatively brand new BR mags...suggestions? I have not opened them up to look and see if there is anything obvious yet.

I have had some intermittent issues with what appears to be my followers binding/sticking so my rounds don't feed (they bounce around loose inside). Have to pull the mag and push it up and down to get it to work smoothly again and this does not happen with my MDT "normal" metal mags. These are relatively brand new BR mags...suggestions? I have not opened them up to look and see if there is anything obvious yet.
Intermittent is a bit tough to deal with if it's not repeatable or consistent. It would be best to reach out to us through our support page, and we will be happy to work with you on it.

Intermittent is a bit tough to deal with if it's not repeatable or consistent. It would be best to reach out to us through our support page, and we will be happy to work with you on it.

Totally understand...I think it just needs to break in a bit. I find that things seem to get "sloppy" when I'm at around 4-5 rounds remaining and the spring compression starts to let off a lot. The rounds seem to float quite a bit more in the magazine...at least when I am pushing rounds with my thumb to see if there are any obvious issues. I had loaded about 4 rounds in the one mag just now and the follower got stuck and needed a shake and then started behaving again. Reloaded it 3 more times and no problems...

Totally understand...I think it just needs to break in a bit. I find that things seem to get "sloppy" when I'm at around 4-5 rounds remaining and the spring compression starts to let off a lot. The rounds seem to float quite a bit more in the magazine...at least when I am pushing rounds with my thumb to see if there are any obvious issues. I had loaded about 4 rounds in the one mag just now and the follower got stuck and needed a shake and then started behaving again. Reloaded it 3 more times and no problems...

That would be the spring is needing to season in a bit, it could an issue with how the magazine is loaded, or depending on your 6BR variant it could be a tuning issue as well. Sometimes these things come up. Try and keep the round as level as possible during loading and that may solve your issue.

That would be the spring is needing to season in a bit, it could an issue with how the magazine is loaded, or depending on your 6BR variant it could be a tuning issue as well. Sometimes these things come up. Try and keep the round as level as possible during loading and that may solve your issue.
Thanks...it is 6mm BR Norma and I'm using the loader you provided...it definitely seems to be more problematic if I load without it and rush things...like at a match...lol. I will try to be a bit more consistent and see how it goes...thanks for being so responsive.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL