• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR mag feeding help

RangerJoe

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2018
Fresno, CA
Im running a straight 6BR with the MDT 6BR mags (new style followers) and I’m having some occasional feeding issues.

Sometimes when the round pops up out of the mag, it goes too high on the bolt face and it forces you to re-cycle the bolt. I’ve attached a photo. I have a video that shows it much better, but I can’t seem to get that to load.

There’s no rhyme or reason to this. It can be the first round, last round or anywhere in the middle. Sometimes, they all feed fine.

I’ve tried adjusting the front and back feed lips from about .400-.420, in all different combinations and it doesn’t seem to matter. Do I need to adjust more? Would I have better luck with a CRF action rather than push feed? I’m hoping that maybe somebody with more experience can help with this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Make sure your ejector plunger is flush or just shy of flush with your bolt face. This has been a typical issue with savage rifles.