• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR mag/mag kits

Sam19kilo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2019
    WY
    What is the best mag or mag kits to run with 6 dasher?
    Thank you

I’ve run the mdt mag for a bit and I like it. But I also run magpul p mags that feed fine.

.22 BR here.
    Bought the $90 MDT.
    Use the $35 Magpul.
    Go figure.........

Reactions: 7mMike
    MDT Br mag that they sell specific for the BR.

Don't get me wrong, the MDT BR is great. Well built. Feeds awesome. I'm sure it's tits for a PRS match and if I EVER get to friggin' shoot one, it's what I'll carry and likely buy a spare! Also, if you needed to beat somebody to death and you don't have anything else handy, it'll do!
    But the little Magpul 5 rounder is what stays in the gun for now. I will admit, that if something pushes up on the mag, it will stop the bolt. Take the pressure off the mag, bolt runs fine (Origin, btw). I'm sure I could file a little plastic out of the way of the lug and cure it, I've just not taken the time. But it's MUCH handier on the bench, or hunting, or using as a single feed sled.
    As far as picking up a round and putting it into the chamber, there's been nary a hiccup out of the little plain Jane Magpul.

Reactions: Rogerthatout
    I use the mdt 12 rounder but didn’t like the amount of pressure forcing up and clipped one of the springs off. Also use an accurate mag with the binder, primal rights kit and Altus +2 extension. They both run great after tuning

HRD for AW mags. I run a Vector with three lugs. AWs don’t work as well with two lug actions.

Primal Rights for AICS. I use the 419 extension so I had to add a piece of hardwood m the back of the spacer but has worked flawlessly over a dozen or so matches.

Haven’t tried anything else but these work so well tht I don’t have a reason to.

Reactions: Troy G
    I have two of the MDT 12 round with binder plates that I put the PR kits in. They run great and I can get 13 rounds in them. I bought a couple the the MDT 12 round BR/Dasher mags and they run good too. I am running 22BR in them, haven't tried Dasher.

I run straight ARC mags in my TL3 with Dasher and BR...no kits. Never had a problem. But I can't get the 12-rnd MDT mags with built in kits to run at all. 🤷🏼‍♂️

i run LRI followers in my ARC mags for my Nucleus action, and AW mags with PVA kits in my AI. both work great.

AICS with primal rights kit works very well.

I've swapped over to MDT mags, I personally haven't had any issues with them, so far they've fine but I also haven't really abused them or shot them in a match yet. People seem to have mixed results on the MDT's.

I have some ARC mags, really wanted to get them to work, but never could work reliably.

Will the primal rights kit work on accurate mag with the mdt extension?

Slightly off topic. I’m in the process of my first 6BR build.

Do the host mags need the front binder plate to properly function? I’m sitting on 5 mags without the binder plate for my 308 and was hoping to convert some of those.

I’m running the MDT br mags. I did have a feeding issue when trying to run 12 rnds. Is there a magpul mag that fits br as well? I would like to try out a few others