• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6br norma to 1k?

Re: 6br norma to 1k?

They do it all the time but, if the winds up, it's a hell of a ride. Try the Berger 105 VLD's with 30-31 grains of Varget and the CCI450's, much better combo.

107 smks worked well at 1k from my 6br 28" barrel but 105 bergers were a bit better in my rifle,velocity was 2890 fps 7es with varget.lots of good info at 6mmbr.com.

I shoot 105gr bergers/varget/CCI450. 6br is one of my all time favorite cals, in my 6br the bergers shot better than the smks and Amaxes

my range here where we shoot has a 500 yd f class type match and is starting a 500 yd benchrest match i plan on using this rifle for. i just put it together but can honestly say that i have never shot anything like it before(6br norma) one hole at 100yds with no effort.28 inch lothar walther brl. I just thought my 223 ack was a tack driver but this thing is awesome. i dont compete at 1k but do shoot 1k for fun and I am eager to see what she does at that range.i will gladly lay the powder sucking 300wm down for the 6br. thanks for the input

105 Hunting VLD`s .015" in the lands /30.5 RL15 / CCI 450`s
whistle.gif

well if it aint the infamous mr danley! thanks for sharing your winning load with us. and congrats on the fine show of marksmanship today by thouroughly showing out at the 500 yd benchrest match. good job. just wish i would have came and took lessons.

I hear ya! LOL .... The 2" groups shot today aint going to cut it for long when everybody starts stepping there game up. Time to start the 6 Prancer build.

oh yea, the 6 prancer is a definite go as soon as the results are in on h20 capacity and and getting dies reamed. maybe by march.also thinking about blowing it out to 6.5 for better bc at 1k, but with the speed a 6 will prob do the trick.