• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR ??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
two parts here. First off, Will the 6BR feed from a rem 700 internal box magazine? Secondly, If i choose to go with an AICS magazine set up, is there anyone that can alter the magazine for 6BR for hire? I know it can be done. I just dont want to do it myself. Lee

Re: 6BR ??

For a mag feed 6mm thats 2.800" or under, I'd opt 6XC. I have both and for a Tactical / Comp rifle, the XC is better suited.

re17003.jpg

SB001.jpg

You can get pretty good numbers with RL17. 6.6 mills to 1000 from 100 yard zero. Works like greased lightning from DPMS 308 mags. 6XC is the shit if you learn it........

I am building a similar stick as I want to have a 6mmbr in the line up of my rifles. I have been told that you can get the 6mmbr to feed out of the internal box magazine of the 700: 6mmbr 700 conversion

Mickey Coleman said he has done this several times with good luck (although he will try to talk you into just going with a single feed).

I know that American Precision Arms (AKA Patriot Arms) has done the conversion with the BO M5 DBM and AICS mags. I have also heard of GAP doing this modification as well.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

MIke Bryant has a tutorial on his website about the mag box mod. I imagine he could mod an aics mag as well.

I am using a seekins 223 kit on my 6mmbr, opened up the feed lips a bit. It works great.