• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT Barnes Match Burner Load Data

Reaper 31

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2018
    Texas
    I recently had a fellow member recommend me to sign up to the 6mm GT forum on Facebook (never had the need for one until I needed load data...) but it seems I cannot find the group anymore? I submitted a request to join and answered a few questions for them to screen but haven't seen a reply.
    Anyway I need some more load data on 6GT using Barnes match burners 105gr and 112gr. I have IMR 4166, 4451, Varget, and StaBall.
    I'm trying to avoid using my Bergers so I picked up the Barnes for now. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Use Hodgdon's info on their website for the 110gr bullets.... Should get you safely in the ballpark.

Yea I figured I was going to have to do that. I contacted barnes but have no response yet. I guess I'll review and compare the load data for 105gr pills and see what the min and max charge are for an idea. Work low and watch for pressure signs.

Not load data for the GT but I have run them out of a 6cm at 2875 and had very good results out to distance. It’s a mild load and should be around GT velocities

What's your load data for the 6CM of you don't mind me asking?
    38.1 grains on H4350 in starline LRP brass, Winchester LRP. .050 jump. Great medium load. I’m getting an sd of 9. .25 accuracy out of a proof prefit with a SAAMI chamber.

Reactions: Jason.N
    38.1 grains on H4350 in starline LRP brass, Winchester LRP. .050 jump. Great medium load. I’m getting an sd of 9. .25 accuracy out of a proof prefit with a SAAMI chamber.
    How has the consistency been? I picked some 112s up but have not had the chance to shoo them yet. thanks

They are good bullet. I had good accuracy to 1030 three shot group at 1030
    8255DFF4-12C7-4F6A-94BF-4A7F58706BFE.jpeg

I'm digging the 112gr Match Burners in 6CM too...

I originally bought them because their numbers say they're very similar to DTAC's (which have been my go-to for a while, but have been sold out for 2-3 months now), and also because they're still out there at "pre-covid" prices. But, I actually really like them and bought enough of them to burn out my next barrel and then some.

I had loaded enough DTAC's for practice and then a 1-day match I've got coming up, but I had sort of a disaster of an experience with a new sizing die I was trying, and had to just burn through those for practice (the die literally fucked up 400 pieces of brass/rounds I had loaded before I caught it and figured out what was up). Ended up with only 100 of the bare DTAC's and 100 of the coated that I tumbled the moly off of... not enough for practice and a match, so I had to switch to and start loading the Match Burners even though I hadn't planned on it.

I literally did zero load dev/work-up, none. I've just been loading them up the same as I'd been loading DTAC's and they've been hammering for me.

My load: 112gr Barnes Mach Burners, 41.3gr Sta-Ball, Hornady brass, CCI 200 LRP, CBTO 2.215" jumping a f'ing mile (at least .100"+ from jam, no idea where my lands are and don't care) - getting me 3015fps @ 79degF 30.0inHg .598 G1.

Compared to DTAC's they're a little faster velocity-wise, and only a hair less efficient as far as B.C., so for me they've ended up being ~1 less click (-.1 mrad) at a given distances compared to what it was running the DTAC's.

This is at 750 yards off a tank-trap/Shmedium while sweating my balls off in wonderful TN 100% humidity between downpours:

tempImagezEbIC4.png
    tempImageRlYud7.pngtempImagePrftww.png

3 shots at 1250 yards:

tempImageU4GwLR.png

I'm digging the 112gr Match Burners in 6CM too...

I originally bought them because their numbers say they're very similar to DTAC's (which have been my go-to for a while, but have been sold out for 2-3 months now), and also because they're still out there at "pre-covid" prices. But, I actually really like them and bought enough of them to burn out my next barrel and then some.

I had loaded enough DTAC's for practice and then a 1-day match I've got coming up, but I had sort of a disaster of an experience with a new sizing die I was trying, and had to just burn through those for practice (the die literally fucked up 400 pieces of brass/rounds I had loaded before I caught it and figured out what was up). Ended up with only 100 of the bare DTAC's and 100 of the coated that I tumbled the moly off of... not enough for practice and a match, so I had to switch to and start loading the Match Burners even though I hadn't planned on it.

I literally did zero load dev/work-up, none. I've just been loading them up the same as I'd been loading DTAC's and they've been hammering for me.

My load: 112gr Barnes Mach Burners, 41.3gr Sta-Ball, Hornady brass, CCI 200 LRP, CBTO 2.215" jumping a f'ing mile (at least .100"+ from jam, no idea where my lands are and don't care) - getting me 3015fps @ 79degF 30.0inHg .598 G1.

Compared to DTAC's they're a little faster velocity-wise, and only a hair less efficient as far as B.C., so for me they've ended up being ~1 less click (-.1 mrad) at a given distances compared to what it was running the DTAC's.

This is at 750 yards off a tank-trap/Shmedium while sweating my balls off in wonderful TN 100% humidity between downpours:

View attachment 7667043View attachment 7667041View attachment 7667042
    I’ve found the same to be true. In my xc they were even run at the same seating depth. In my creedmoor I tweaked the seating depth for a slight gain in accuracy. Overall they are great bullet. Btw I run them in my xc over the same 38.1 of H4350. It’s a 8 sd load. Sub 1/2 moa accuracy also.

I’ve found the same to be true. In my xc they were even run at the same seating depth. In my creedmoor I tweaked the seating depth for a slight gain in accuracy. Overall they are great bullet. Btw I run them in my xc over the same 38.1 of H4350. It’s a 8 sd load. Sub 1/2 moa accuracy also.

(y) ...yeah, I can't wait to actually play around with them a little, they're hotter than I need them to be right now, ~2900fps @ 80degF with DTAC's has been my sweet spot (running the 6creed throttled back, more like a GT or a Dasher). Chances are they'd be better group-wise at somewhere less than .100" off jam. Sometime next week I plan to load some up at ~40gr of powder and look at seating depth.

I've got a bunch of them, but if anyone needs some, I found this the other day: https://www.raniersec.com/product/barnes-bullets-match-burners-6mm-112-grain-100-rounds-btm/ EDIT - TURNS OUT THEY'RE SCAMMERS, STAY AWAY!

I've seen some negative shit said about that shop on Discord RLD once or twice (I have no personal experience with them)... but for $0.20 per bullet, might be worth a try...

Last edited:
    I burned out my last xc barrel standing on it. Since then I run in the 2860-2900 window. I have had great results running there.

Reactions: CK1.0
    (y) ...yeah, I can't wait to actually play around with them a little, they're hotter than I need them to be right now, ~2900fps @ 80degF with DTAC's has been my sweet spot (running the 6creed throttled back, more like a GT or a Dasher). Chances are they'd be better group-wise at somewhere less than .100" off jam. Sometime next week I plan to load some up at ~40gr of powder and look at seating depth.

I've got a bunch of them, but if anyone needs some, I found this the other day: https://www.raniersec.com/product/barnes-bullets-match-burners-6mm-112-grain-100-rounds-btm/

I've seen some negative shit said about that shop on Discord RLD once or twice (I have no personal experience with them)... but for $0.20 per bullet, might be worth a try...
    That site is not legit. There is some info and a YouTube video about it. Be careful...

Reactions: CK1.0
    I was working with them around 2830 and had awesome SD’s and decent accuracy at .060 off. When I started a seating depth test I got random fliers like 3” at 100 yards. Haven’t had time to shoot more, I switched to 109’s since I have matches upcoming. Will work with them more to see if I can figure it out as I have 1500.

Anyone else had random fliers with these?

Hawk hill 7.5 twist barrel

I really like the 112's for my 6 GT. 37.5 H4350 seated .030" off the lands for 2920 out of a 26" barrel with Alpha brass. Seems to work well. SD's hover around 9. I find them extremely consistent, at least with the lot I have.

Reactions: Averysc