• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT feeding problems

SouthFLShootin

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2019
I have an AR10 I'm putting together that is chambered in 6GT.

I was loading up some break in rounds and just went to test function them before building a whole bunch of them, and noticed they don't feed.

It appears that the bullet is hitting the face of the barrel just before it goes into the chamber. Like the nose of the bullet can't get high enough to hit the beveled edge of the face of the barrel to be guided into the chamber. The round chambers just fine if I push it into the chamber and drop the bolt. The bullet isn't in the lands or anything. I've tried a few different mags too.

Here's a few pics. One with the bullet touching the face and the other where you can see visible marks where the bullets have hit the face of the barrel.
20231124_203129.jpg

20231124_203605.jpg

Lower and upper are Aero, barrel is by CLE, JP lightweight BCG and enchanced bolt.

Any ideas on getting these bullets to nose up higher?

Others may chime in and could be wrong here but I had to modify feed lips of my mags to feed 6GT in a bolt gun.

Front to middle portion of the lips need to be opened up a hair so the rounds are oriented more nose up. Like I said, could be wrong but maybe something to try.

Reactions: msgriff
I would suggest polishing and blending the feed ramps. I had some issues with 109eldm snapping the polymer tips off in my 6gt gas gun. I blended the feed ramps in the barrel extension to the receiver and radiused all the edges.

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen and I re-cut the chamfer on the chamber mouth so it went down farther and bent the feed lips of the mag so the round would be more tip up and it solved the problem, you do want to de-burr and slightly polish the feed ramp barrel extension so there are not any scratches on your bullet going into the chamber.