• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT mag issues, dasher mag?

TRPrecision

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2018
    GA
    I am having ongoing magazine and feeding problems with my 6gt. Rifle is a Defiance Tenacity action in a KRG bravo chassis. So far I have tried AICS, MDT, Accurate mag, and Magpul mags.
    -Aics mags- Does not advance rounds level. After 4th to 5th round, cases start advancing nose high, bases dragging in the rear of the mag. Bolt skips over top of next round. Will usually feed after running the bolt a couple more times.
    -MDT 12rd metal- spring seems way too weak, binds up on advance in every way possible, sometimes nose up, sometimes nose down.
    -Accurate- identical to AICS problems.
    -Magpul- works great until it does not. Front of follower gets hung up inside mag body and rounds nose dive.
    I have adjusted, polished, tweaked springs and feed lips, adjusted trigger guard/mag catch position. All to no avail.

I found with the Aics and accurate mags that if I push all the rounds forward with the tips against the front of the mag it will feed flawless every time. I don't feel I would be able to maintain this however during live fire in a match situation. I am currently only shooting 105 Hybrids or VLD's and they both come in under the max COAL for most of the dasher / BR mags and kits. Has anyone ever tried a 6GT in a dasher kitted mag? I think having them pushed forward in the mag may help my issue.

I know that this subject has been covered over and over again. Just looking for a new option since all else has failed to this point.

ARC mags have consistently been the best feeding mags for me in 3 different actions.
    And I own all of the above mags and test them all with new actions/chamberings , and run whichever is the smoothest. Arc mags have consistently been the winner.

I just started messing we the my GT, so I may not have seen any issues yet, but I'm running an ARC mag with an LRI follower and the Area 419 mag extension and so far so good.

I've also run an aics mag with a Seekins mag extension without issues. This mag does have the binder plate, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

Try opening up the front of the feed lips on the MDT...so the round at the top is sitting quite nose high. Solved the draggy follower problem in my 6BRA.

MDTs were junk for me. I went to genuine AICS mags and adjusted feed lips and have had zero issues since.