• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT mag?

skeeter73

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Aiken South Carolina
I purchased a M5 Hawkins hunter mag and bottom metal but the GT case rides to low in the back. What mags are you guys using with the GT that will work with Hawkins bottom metal? I prefer a hunting type mag. Low profile.
Thanks
A Leaphart

Is the riding low causing feeding issues? If so have you tried to open the feed lips in the back and see if it will raise it a little?

Reactions: Darkside-Six
In the very back of the mag there is no feed lip. Iips on the mag are more just in the middle. It works great if the case sits in the middle it’s when I slide it alway to the back.

Reactions: Rob01
In the very back of the mag there is no feed lip. Iips on the mag are more just in the middle. It works great if the case sits in the middle it’s when I slide it alway to the back.
You can try the new MDT 3 rounds polymer mag. It’s cheap enough to try to mod it.

The Hawkins Hunter mags are machined from a block of aluminum and not stamped metal. Bending the feed lips will be hard. If the the 3 round MDT mag doesn’t work then you need to move to a one of the 5 round mags.

Reactions: st1650
The Hawkins Hunter mags are machined from a block of aluminum and not stamped metal. Bending the feed lips will be hard. If the the 3 round MDT mag doesn’t work then you need to move to a one of the 5 round mags.
I had to bent my feed lips in a freaking vice to get my Hawkin hunter mags to feed properly. Not impressed.

But even opening the rear of the feed lip if it’s in the center should raise the rear some.

Curtis at some point touted 3 round mags for flat DBMS but I have heard anything else and the link on the website is broken.

I've got 2 of the AI 5 rounders that ship with the Manners stocks.

Feed the 6GT great but I'm not running Hawkins BM. Might be worth a shot.

Few pictures for ref on how high the GT sits in the AI mag.

IMG_6701.jpg
IMG_6702.jpg

Hey thanks
If I only put one round in there it looks like your picture. If I put 3 rounds and push the top one off the second ones base is low. More less in an angle.

Hey thanks
If I only put one round in there it looks like your picture. If I put 3 rounds and push the top one off the second ones base is low. More less in an angle.
Ok sound like yours wants to nose dive.
I just put 5 in the mag and slid off 2. It consistently pushes the round below forward about .125 - .150, but it sits no lower.

IMG_6703.jpg
IMG_6704.jpg

If you can afford to lose capacity by one, trim an '06, 270, 280 etc, case to fill the space directly on top of the follower.

This should keep the GT brass from tipping