• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6gt problems

Avigerman

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2020
Scappoose
I have about 1k rounds down my x caliber barrel on my 6gt. I've been shooting all alpha brass and the same lot 112 match burners. I shot a match last month with no issues with my rifle all groupings and speeds were fine. I took my left over ammo I had from the match and went up and practiced with it. I rechecked my zero since it's been a couple months since I last shot it. My groups were no better than 2.5 inches. Where as with the same ammo 2 months ago was about 1/2 moa. I put the chrono on it and I'd get 3 shots that are at my normal speed (2950). Then I'd get 2 fliers that had speeds about 2875. This was the same for about 5 groups shot. I went home and cleaned the barrel really well and went back and tested. Same thing was happening. Groups went down to about 2moa but still the same fliers and and velocity deviation. I'm curious if my barrel is done already or is there anything else I should try?