• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT Reloading Help

TeamBetaAlpha

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2022
Utah
Hey guys I don't want to ask stupid questions but I'm not really sure where to begin when it comes to developing loading data. Long story short I had a guy "help" me set up my 6GT and he essentially told me I needed to shoot 115gr. because that's what he wants and he's always right. So he did all the load data and never explained any of it. I've since stopped contact with him because he's kind of a dick so I'm totally on my own here. Anyway, that was a couple of years ago and today 115's are extremely difficult to come by so I'm looking to change to some 112 or even 110s. I've got CCI 450s and staball 6.5. but I don't know how much powder to use or where to start to figure out how much to use. If I change to a lighter bullet I'm also assuming I'm going to have to figure out a new seating depth and I don't know how to do that.

I'm looking for someone to help me get going in the right direction and hopefully find people to help along the way. I haven't been able to shoot this gun in years and I'd really like to get back into it.

Your best option is to network around locally for another mentor you can bring your supplies to to and have them watch and help you walk step by step thru the Reloading process.
Second best option would be start reading about step by step process and as you read stop and look for videos of each step so you can visually see how it’s done and it will help make what your reading more comprehensible.

There is a 6GT tacked thread. 6GT only has one reamer so you can comfortably copy just about any load with the same brass you're using.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I’m in load development right now for my 6 GT. Today I tested 38.1 of 6.5 Staball with Berger 109’s, CCI 450’s, and Alpha brass with various seating depths per Berger recommendations on their site. My .030 off jam load over 6 shots had me at 7 ES, 2 SD, and a 2,875 average. Pretty happy with this. Actually all the depths gave me 3/4 MOA or better. Most were 1/2 or better. Going to double check everything, but I think I have found a promising load. I’m also sizing the brass with a Wilson bushing die with SAC .266 bushing.