• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6GT

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
Anyone using H4895 instead of Varget?
Based in what I read they should b comparable. I’d like to use Varget but is unobtainable these days. I figured I try H4895 instead. Any of you experts see any major issues? Thanks a lot.

Based in what I read they should b comparable. I’d like to use Varget but is unobtainable these days. I figured I try H4895 instead. Any of you experts see any major issues? Thanks a lot.
I’ve found that they are pretty interchangeable I’m still a couple months away from my 6gt (need an action still) but in my bra I started with varget and then got a 8lb jug Of 4895 by luck off a guy at the range For 100$ and man haven’t shot anything but since. So if your gun is already together and shooting please do test and let me/us know

Old thread but any update on this?

Yeah I've got about 100 rounds through it. Shooting awesome so far with some StaBall, but needing to do ladder tests this weekend and find nodes.

I'm using 115 DTACs and am hoping to be up around 3000fps

Update: 4895 was too fast. Hit pressure signs at 31.5 gr and 2750 fps. Really not interested in toasting brass so going to stay away from it. Maybe use it in something else down the road. StaBall got me where I wanted to be at ~40 gr and 2950 fps. Going to take that and run and we’ll see how she does.

I got mine Saturday put 100rds through it Sunday, Maybe I will buy a box of dtacs. What barrel length is yours?