• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm-06 and RL26?

Elnicko

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2017
I’m having a Tikka rebarreled in 6mm-06 and was wondering where to start on loads. I will be shooting 100gr Cutting Edge MTH’s from a 7 twist 24” barrel. I was thinking RL26 would be good but can’t find any info as far as a place to start. I tried searching for 6-284 data but couldn’t find much there either. If anyone has experience with RL26 or something similar, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like the 240 weatherby is about identical in capacity. Try to find RL25 data for it, then back down as you normally would, and substitute rl26. 26 is a slower burn rate than 25, but 26 will likely produce more velocity at the same charge. This leads some to believe it’s faster, but really it’s just because it’s a totally different formulation.

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammo/ammunition_rs_6mm06wildcat_200808/

I’m curious on what you ended up with for a load in the 6-06 I’m going to have one built on a 700 action.