• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 6mm-223 supressor

Ogallala_1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2008
Ogallala ne,
Anyone had any experience with this combo? I am using a remington 788 and going to thread the barrel. Any help with supressor choice and load data greatly appreciated.

John

Re: 6mm-223 supressor

Any of the 223 cans can be opened up to run on the 6x45 , and they will actualy be a bit more effecient at reduction due to the more effecient bore to powder ratio of that round (awsome choice by the way)

BUT , also any of the 308 cans will also work well , yea the bore is a bit bigger and it looses some effeceincy their but the added volume more than makes up for it.

I'm sure that one of the smaller builders like Shark and SAS can make you a suppressor with the proper bore diameter

I use a .308 can on my 6x47L and love it. May not be as quiet as it could be but works nonetheless.

I use my 308 Shark on one of my AR15, get a 30 cal can and use it on all the non magnum smaller calibers

i am waiting on paper work for a tiger shark that he had 6mm baffels made for

Surefire also makes a 6.8 supressor that would be a pretty close match to your bore size. Maybe something to consider, all though they are pricey.

JMC

go look at sharksuppressors.com and give him a call he can get you setup with what your looking for and has excellent customer service and will make sure you are taken care of and will answer any all questions you have